Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In a perfect world, slopitch would be considered exercise...

So, I'll just get straight to it...slopitch needs some modifications. I wasn't able to get to the gym last night because I had errands and two slopitch games. If it were any other sporting event, I wouldn't worry about skipping the gym, because I'd most likely still be getting a work out. Playing slopitch is definitely the exception here. It's got to be one of the only sports where you can spend two and a half hours playing it, but most likely ingest more calories than you burn off, thanks to slopitch's trusty sidekick---beer. Now, I didn't actually drink any beer, but I also most definitely didn't burn more than 50 calories.

So here's what I'm suggesting to make softball a more figure-friendly game.

1. Running the bases when you get out and NOT when you get a hit. Given that, on average, I get out much more often than I get on base, this would definitely help get my heart rate up more.

2. Jumping Jacks in the on deck circle. Why not? Not like swinging the bat has actually improved my hitting any.

3. Leap frog instead of just shaking hands at the end of each game. Lots more fun for everyone!

Anyways, I might bring these suggestions to my league and see what they say.

So, aside from missing a work out, my eating has remained decent. Weigh in is tomorrow so I'm going to make sure I track all my foods today and get in a tough and sweaty work out tonight. If anybody has any fun suggestions for sweat-your-face off workouts, I'd love to hear them! I'm beyond bored of the machines at the gym and aside from embarassing myself by actually running in daylight, outdoors, where people can see me, I'm sorta stuck for ideas!

That's probably it for now. But you can bet your knickers that I'll be back to report on weigh in tomorrow after lunch.

Later!!

5 comments:

  1. I got Jillian Michael's dvd, she is BRUTAL....I don't know if it's feasible for you to exercise at home, tough to do here, but that dvd is insane--she does all the stuff you already know how to do (jumping jacks, push ups) but did I mention she's insane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CM. I have one of her dvds so maybe i'll let her boss me around a bit tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to the coed and use the step-mill. I call it the machine of death. I dare you to do 30 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Deb, I've tried that machine...I can do 15 minutes before I pass out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, yea, and I though slopitch was
    SLOP ITCH and I was all, huh?

    then I figured it out, bec. I am VERY VERY smart...
    SLOOOOOO pitch....

    ReplyDelete