Thursday, June 11, 2009

0.2 is my new least favorite number...

That is because that's all I lost this week. 0.2! What a kick in the proverbial balls that was. I was definitely disappointed because I know that I worked hard and ate well this week. I tried not to get too bummed out because I know that bodies can do really stupid things at really inconvenient times. So, onto next week I suppose. I'll continue to work out and eat well and I imagine it will pay off. And since announcing my weekly weight loss goal didn't really work out for me this time, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut about what I hope happens next week at the scale.

Instead, I would like to talk about how much I hate my car.

I drive a 1994 aquamarine Toyota Tercel. Yup, that's right, a real top notch machine. It's got power NOTHING, no a/c and a cassette deck. Although, on a positive note, I did recently find my NKOTB Hangin' Tough tape, so I suppose that's a plus....driving around Barrhaven blasting some New Kids? Pretty sweet deal, right?

Anyways, don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative that my parents gave me this car, as I have no car payments and minimal insurance costs, but it's seriously impossible to look remotely cool driving it. Sure there are still other Tercels on the road besides mine, but they're typically being driven by 19 year old Good Charlotte-loving, tattooed teenagers, not by 29 year old professionals. So, I'm thinking, maybe once I reach my weight goal, I can invest in a new ride as a reward!

Now, what car to buy? It would have to be one that suits life in Barrhaven. Nothing cracks me up more than seeing dudes cruising around Barrhaven in their Hummers. Thumbs up guys! You are Barrhaven's elite...living the dream! Hmmm, I'm getting a bit mean here aren't I? I suppose I should go now.

Needless to say my night will be filled with vegetables and treadmills...again.

Thanks for reading. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment