Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cookie fundraisers suck...

So, being the wonderful friend that I am, I bought some cookie dough off a friend of mine to support her son's hockey team. I knew it was a risky move but hey, what kind of Canadian would I be if I didn't support minor hockey, huh?

I had purposely left the offending dough in the freezer at work because I knew what kind of havoc those two tubs of deliciousness were going to wreak if I brought them any closer to my oven than they already were. Unfortunately, the building maintenance people weren't as understanding of my dilema as they decided to shut the power off in my building---ultimately forcing me to take the dough home.

UGH. My entire weekend was one giant, up-hill cookie battle.

My plan was to bake them and get them into other peoples bellies as quickly as possible. Everytime we had friends over this weekend, in went a batch of cookies. Anytime Ian wanted a snack, instead of suggesting something healthy as I'd normally do, I whipped out the cookie batter. I was doing well and had managed to get rid of over half of the dough in record time.

I knew it was too good to be true.

I caved. Not in a big way, but I gave up and let the cookies conquer me. I managed to escape fairly unscathed though, eating only two cookies all weekend, which I still consider an accomplishment because let me tell you, there were moments when I was ready to give up everything just to devour all that sweet, sweet goodness.

I guess that means my will power is still in tact after a month on Weight Watchers. Hurrah! My next weigh in is on Thursday at noon, and I really think I deserve an extra pound loss just for saying no to what I can only imagine would have been zillions of extra calories...

Screw you, cookies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment