Friday, June 5, 2009

I hate girls who don't perspire...

Ok. So I don't "hate" girls who don't sweat, but there is a very thin line between raging jealousy and hate in my world. When I go for a workout at the gym, I usually emerge looking like a sweaty Mickey Rourke. It's not a pretty sight. So I hope you can understand why sometimes I feel like drop-kicking the tiny women at my gym, who were clearly born without pores.

Of course, I secretly just want to BE these women, but when I'm trying to make my stealthy escape from the gym, avoiding as many grocery shoppers as I can (my gym is on the 2nd floor of a Loblaws) it never fails that the yoga class just finishes and I get stuck shuffling out to my car amidst 20 teeny tiny non-perspiring, spandex-wearing, robo-babes---instantly deflating my much-loved "after-gym" high.

Alright, I'll stop my rant there. Needless to say, I did make it to the gym last night. I had a great workout and treated myself to a leisurely 45 minute stroll around the grocery store afterwards. Now, to your average childless person that might sound as exciting as a trip to the proctologist, but to those parents out there, particularily the moms, you know that a childless trip to the store is about as close to nirvana as you can get.

So, aside from enjoying some alone time, I actually did have a purpose for being at the grocery store. I'm headed home, to Ayr, to visit my parents this weekend and I needed to arm myself with "zero point" foods. You see, when I visit home, I lose all sense of will power and revert back to the eating habits of my teenage years which include stuffing my face with bags of chips, boxes of crackers and of course, Mr. Noodles. Unfortunately, Weight Watchers doesn't really support eating 350 points a day, so I'm going to have to figure out something else. I'm hoping that something else will involve lots of salads, lean proteins, fruits and most likely a light beer or two. Wish me luck!

On the Jack front, he's growing like a weed---a very cute and chubby weed. At his 21 month check up today he clocked in at 30lbs and is 35 inches tall. Woah. Grandioso bambino! I must say though, he's done a great job growing into his cheeks. I've always known Jack was a big baby, but I never realized just what a tub he was until I looked back at his photos from his first year. How did I miss all that fat? I love it!

And with that, I should get back to work. Even for the government, I've probably stretched this lunch hour just a bit too far.....

Till next time boyeeeee!

2 comments:

  1. I think your my soul mate :) hahaha I have been thinking the same thing for years!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we're soul mates...DUH!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete